University of Utah Guest House
110 South Fort Douglas Blvd.
Room Pricing (The discounted rate applies only to the 3 options listed below.)
Mention group name NIRSA 2019 Region VI Conference and Student Lead On for conference pricing.
NIRSA room block is available until 5:00 pm Mountain Time on September 13, 2019 (to guarantee group rate but based on availability). You can still book after this date for the conference rate (subject to availability).
Conference rates available October 16-19th
- $135 per night + tax & fees
- $125 per night + tax & fees
- $120 per night + tax & fees
All rooms come with
- Flat screen TV with satellite service
- Small refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Complimentary wireless internet
Free self parking facilities
- UTA TRAX is Salt Lake Valley’s light rail system. It has three main lines – the Red, Green and Blue Line.
- University Guest House is situated adjacent to the Fort Douglas stop on the Red Line, near the end of the route. To reach the Guest House from downtown, board the Red Line at Court House.
- To reach the Guest House from the Airport, take the Green Line to Court House and transfer to the Red Line to University. For a detailed map visit the UTA TRAX website. The one way fare to and from the airport is $2.50.
- To reach the Airport from the Guest House, take the Red Line to Court House and transfer to the Green Line to Airport.
- Many of Salt Lake City’s major attractions, from Temple Square and Trolley Square to Energy Solutions Arena and the Gateway District, are easily accessible from TRAX stops.
Airport and Shuttle transportation
- The Salt Lake City Airport is the only commercial airport on the Wasatch Front and is one of the busiest and most efficient airports in the nation. It ranks first in the U.S. as far as on-time departures and arrivals – and fewest flight cancellations. It is also only minutes from the University of Utah.
- To Reach the Guest House from the Airport:
- The Salt Lake City TRAX Light Rail services the airport and the Guest House. The one way fair is $2.50. Take the Green Line to the Court House Station and Transfer to the Red Line to University.
- Taxi and shuttle services are available at the Ground Transportation desk at either terminal.
- You may also contact these services with questions:
- City Cab: (801) 363-5550 or (801) 363-8400
- Yellow Cab: (801) 521-2100
- Xpress Shuttle 1-800-397-0773
- Uber or Lyft
- Basic 4 seats – $18-$21
- XL 6 seats – $24-$28
Rental Car Information
Salt Lake City International Airport offers a variety of rental car providers and convenient access to rental car services. Rental car counters are located on the ground floor of the parking garage, directly across from the terminal buildings. For assistance, contact the airport ground transportation desks at (801) 575-2310 or (801) 575-2312.
The Salt Lake international Airport is located at
776 N Terminal Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84122
Things to Do
Looking for things to do while you are in Salt Lake City? Check out these useful websites for tips and ideas in the Salt Lake Area.
Salt Lake City, UT
Park City, UT
Cottonwood Canyons, UT